Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Spring Weddings with Cut Cardstock



Hey everyone!   I am back with another elegant wedding layout featuring Glitter Cardstock from Cut CardStock.  Last month we attended the wedding of my cousin’s daughter and we were so happy to celebrate their special day.

I used Silk Glitter Opulent Opal Cardstock for my glitter cardstock and Curious Metallic Cardstock in Ink for my layout. I was going to use silver like I did for my first page from the wedding, but after seeing this photo of the couple I had to bring the white out. Here in Colorado we get snow into late Spring, and about a week before the wedding we got almost 2 feet, so there was still snow on the ground, especially in the mountains where the wedding was located.

I started by cutting my Curious Metallic piece to 8″ x 8″ and my Glitter cardstock to 7.5″ x 7.5″

Next I adhered the two together.

I took my 4″ x 6″ photo and created 2 mats for it. One 4.25″ x 6.25″ and one 4.5″ x 6.5″. The white glitter cardstock will go behind the photo. The blue will go sideways behind.

You will want to use a good strong adhesive with glitter cardstock. In this case I used redline tape.

Next I adhered my photo to the page.

Adhere your blue mat sideways, and then you can put the photo mat on the page.

I used a bracket die from La-La Land Crafts with my glitter cardstock to add a bit of elegance and carry the white more. Next I cut a 2021 die from La-La Land Crafts with both my glitter cardstock and my blue.

I adhered the 21 in the blue to the white with liquid glue.

I then cut another word die (again from La-La Land Crafts) Love you Always- but then cut just the love out.

I added to the top of my photo.

To add the finishing touches I added some blue tones in enamel dots.

I love how this layout turned out especially with the black and white photo! I would love to hear your thoughts too!

No comments:

Post a Comment