Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Pet Loving Marci from the April 2021 Club La-La Land Crafts

 

Hey everyone!  Happy Tuesday!   Today I am back with some additional inspiration using the April 2021 Club La-La Land Crafts Kit.   There is still time to join and get this month's kit.  

For my first card, I have Pet Loving Marci looking into her fish bowl from the backside.


I stamped my images on Copic Xpress It paper and cut with my Scan N Cut. 

Colors Used:

Copics:
Fish: Y17, Y32, Y38, YR23, B00, BG00, B02, RV14, RV21, R32, YR04, YR16
Turtle: G14, YG03,
Bird: RV55, RV14, R32, YR23

Marci:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20, BV20
Hair: E70, E71, E74, E79
Lips: RV14
Headband: YR23, Y17, Y08


I had toyed with the idea of having Marci looking into the bowl, but just could not seem to see it- that is until one of my markers blobbed and I had to either start over on coloring her or change her up since the body was messed up.

I cut the fish bowl with white cardstock, and then with a light blue vellum and acetate so that I would have the inside of the bowl with the vellum and acetate.   I laid Marci down on the card and then assembled the bowl putting the vellum down over her, then adding the fish and other items, then adding the acetate.   I wanted the acetate for 2 reasons- I wanted the shine of it to look like glass, but all of these layers diffused Marci and made it look more like she was looking into the bowl.

I used the Spring Has Sprung Pattern Paper for my pattern.  


I cut the Bird Cage Die, and added my Parrot to the outside with foam tape and then added the turtle just on the outside of the bowl.    I added one of the sentiments to the top right (inked slightly with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide) and then added some light blue dew drop like embellishments to both the bowl and the card.




I am so thrilled with how this card turned out.

Goes to show you- just because you "mess up" doesn't mean it's messed up.


Next up I have a fun card, featuring Marci and some of her friends.



I stamped on Copic Xpress-It cardstock and cut with my Scan N Cut.  


Copics:
Marci:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, R20, BV20
Hair: E70, E71, E74, E79, V99
Lips: RV14
Headband and Shirt: RV14, RV04, R42
T-Shirt: Y02, Y32, Y38, G14, White Gel Pen
Shorts: B91, B93, B95, B97
Boots: E51, E53
Guinea Pig: E51, E53, E41, E74, R20
Bunny: T1, T3, T5, R20
Fish Bag: B02, B00, BG00 fish- YR04, YR16




I used the Pet Cage Die, and added some of the sea weed from the fish bowl to the pet cage like it was grass or feed.

I added my bunny and guinea pig to the card.     I used the Spring has Sprung Pattern Paper for the card.   I added the sentiment to one of the Double Stitched Squares Dies.   

Lastly I added some enamel dots to the card for the finishing touches.  







Make sure to join our LLLC FAN GROUP on Facebook for more ideas, 
inspiration and a general chit chat about our products!

You can also find great inspiration over at the Club La-La Land Crafts Facebook page.


Hoping you all have a great week of Creating!




No comments:

Post a Comment