Wednesday, June 9, 2021

MEMORIAL DAY AT FORT LOGAN NATIONAL CEMETERY

 Hey everyone! Angela here, back with another scrapbook page to share. This month, our featured Product is Pop Tone Cardstock, and one of our themes is Patriotic. When it comes to Patriotic, I don’t think it gets any more serene than a National Cemetery like Fort Logan National Cemetery, where we visit frequently to put flowers out for my little brother.

I started by cutting a piece of Pop Tone Whipped Cream Cardstock at 8″x 8″. I then cut a piece of pattern paper down to 7 3/4″ x 7 3/4″.

Next I inked my edges of both papers with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide in Chipped Sapphire. Normally used a blending tool, but this time I used a sponge. I like the soft whisps the sponge gives.

Next I cut a coordinating strip of pattern paper down to 2.5″ x 8″ and inked the edges with my ink.

I then adhered it about 2/3 of the way down on the layout.

Next I took the Pop Tone Wild Cherry Cardstock and cut a piece at 7″ x 4 3/4″, and a piece of pattern paper at 6 3/4″ x 4.5″

Once I had these pieces cut I inked them with the same Chipped Sapphire Ink Pad.

and now for the photos. I took two of my photos and cut them down to 5″ x 3 1/4″ and 2 3/4″ 4 1/4″, and then cut mats for each – sizing up 1/4″ for each. Next I inked the white mats with my inkpad.

I then adhered them to layout, slightly shifted and overlapping.

Next I took some coordinating stickers that went with the pattern paper and inked the edges. I added a brad to both of the pinwheels, and added several to the layout, along with several other stickers

I also inked the journal sticker (but have not filled out yet as I sometimes struggle for words when it comes to my brother.

and for the finished product. On a side note, in doing this post I realized I did not ink my other pinwheel but can ink it before putting in my album.

I hope that you enjoyed my page. Every time we visit, the sheer breathtaking nature leaves me speechless.

Until next time.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment