Friday, September 18, 2020

Thankfulness with La-La Land Crafts

Hey all Happy Friday!!   I am back with another fun card for La-La Land Crafts.  This week's theme is Thankfulness.   When I sat down to brainstorm this theme, so much came to my mind.   Thankfulness could be Thanksgiving/being thankful for so much; it could be a thank you, or it could be something specific we are thankful for.

I decided that I would take the last direction and make a Nurse themed card.  It seemed appropriate given the current times with Covid, as some of my greatest friends and family are nurses in the front lines.   In fact, when everything first begun my sister in law, whom is a nurse was sent to Washington to assist.

This card theme also had a special meaning as last year my hubby and I both had circumstances where we had surgeries and the nurses after were pretty awesome.

For this reason I decided to use Nurse Marci in Scrubs.


Nurse Marci in Stamps Rubber Stamp:


Skin FS2, FS6. FS7. FS8, DP1
Hair: BGR1, BGR3, BGR5, True Black
Pants: PP1, PP3, PP5, PP6, blender and a terry cloth towel
Scrub Top and Hat: PP1, PP3, PP5, LG1, LG3, BG1, white gel pen
Mask: LY1, LY3
Thermomenter- CG1, CG3






I used the Spring Has Sprung Paper pack, and went for a floral theme for Marci's scrubs as well as the stenciling.


I used Spectrum Noir Blender and a terry towel to add some texture to her scrub pants.






I cut the Heart Beat Die, Get Well Soon Die and Pill Bottle Sleeve with white and the hearts from these dies and colored with  PP1, PP3, PP5


I cut the Stitched Nested Circles Die with coordinating pink cardstock and used the Everything is Rosy Stencil  and inked it with Spectrum Noir Water Reactive Ink in Winter Rose.

I inked the Tag, Pill bottle and the Long Flag with sentiment with Spectrum Noir Water Reactive ink - Pink Tulip.  






I hope you enjoyed my post today. Don’t forget to go and see the rest of the team’s creations over at the LaLa Land Crafts Blog

Don’t forget you can also find great inspiration over at the LaLa Land Crafts Facebook Group and on Instagram as well.

Until next time friends!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment