Friday, March 29, 2019

Poppies from Red Hibiscus Designs and 7 Kids Crafts


Today I am back with a fun digital stamp from Red Hibiscus Designs, who has teamed up with 7 Kids Crafts.  Luisana Lowry, is such a talented artist and I am so thrilled that she has joined the 7 Kids Family.   

You can get this image free through Sunday by being a member of the 7 Kids Crafts Facebook group.    If you are not a member, it’s simple, just ask to join. 




Because I have never colored Poppies, before coloring I googled looking for colors. – Believe it or not- Poppies are not just red.  I had no idea there were so many combos, but decided for this first one to go a bit traditional.   I loved the photos I saw where the Stamens were Purple, so I went for the color combo. 


Copics Used:
R59, R37, R35, R32, R22, YG67, YG17, YG63
Stamens- V17, V12


I did add some Tonic Studios Nuvo Aqua Flow Glimmer Gloss Pen to the petals, however it is hard to see in the photos. 
I went for a very simple card as I really feel like the image (along with the sentiment I typed in a pretty font and added) really speak for themselves.     


I printed the sentiment on a piece of vellum and after wrapping one end, put a bit of Tonic Nuvo glue pen on the other end in 2 small spots and put a few small enamel dots over the glue to hide those spots.   Lastly, I matted the image on my card base. 


I hope you enjoyed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment