Monday, December 20, 2021

Candy Cane Princess from Paper Nest Dolls

 Hey everyone!     Today I am back with a fun card featuring Candy Cane Princess from Paper Nest Dolls.   


I printed the image on Copic Xpress-It cardstock and colored with Copics:

Skin: E00, 11, 21, R20
Hair: E11, 13, 15, 18, R35
Reds: R35, 37, 59, RV29
Whites: C0, 1
White Gel Pen


Although I often times cut with my Scan N Cut, for this one I fussy cut.



I used the Stitched Indented Squares Dies for the right side of the card.   I cut 2 layers, one with black cardstock and the other with pattern paper from my stash.    For the other part of my card, I cut 2 long rectangle layers.

I cut some pattern paper strips to go behind my image, again patterns and cardstock from my stash.

I used the Life is Better on the Farm Barn Die from Elizabeth Crafts Designs, - only using a few elements to create a simple white washed barn.

I used a North Pole Die- just the top to go at the top of the barn.

I inked the barn with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide- Weathered Wood.




I added foam tape behind the barn die and adhered to the card.

Next I added foam tape behind my image and adhered her to the card.

I used a couple of snowflake die cuts (from my die cut bin -already cut) and added to the card.    I added a few red gems to the snowflakes.



Next I added a lantern die cut behind and to the side of my Princess.

I used a sentiment strip from Simon Says Stamp - I attempted to link the specific one used however it looks like it's no longer available however, I have linked a similar one.

I used the CC Designs Banners Die to cut the sentiment out and inked with Cherry Cobbler Ink from Stampin Up.


I cut a few candy canes with my Silhouette and added to the top of the card.

I also cut a North Pole Sign pole with my Silhouette, and added to the card.




Lastly, added some branches, pine branches and pine cones to the top right of the card.


I hope that you enjoyed my card.


See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment