Thursday, August 19, 2021

Hippo Birdie with La-La Land Crafts

 

 

 




Hello everyone! Welcome to Tutorial Thursday!

Today's tutorial is:  Creating a Fun Slimline Card




Slimline cards seem to be all the rage lately, but what if you don't have any slimline dies?  You can use other dies, and double them up to create the length of a slimline card.

PRODUCTS USED
Hippo: T1, T3, T5, W1, W3, W5
Present: V04, V06, RV66, BG13, BG18
White Gel Pen

PAPER CUTS & SCORING
(1) white cardstock cut at 6 x 8, Score at 3" making a 3" x 8" cardbase
(2) pieces of pattern paper from the Summer Vibes Pack
(1) piece of teal cardstock cut at 3" x 8"
Small pieces of various papers - Magenta, Aqua and White to die cut the Small Photo Frames 
Small piece of Gold Foil Cardstock to die cut the Balloon Numbers Dies
~ now for the tutorial you have been waiting for ~ 


CREATING A FUN SLIMLINE CARD

I began by die cutting 2 of the largest of the Scalloped Rectangles Dies with the Summer Vibes Paper Pack.  



I decided to have my chevrons going down with my patterns.



I overlapped my Scalloped Rectangles to create a longer rectangle card.


Next I cut a piece of Teal Cardstock at 3" x 8" and adhered to my pattern base.  As you can see you have to look really closely to see the overlap.



I cut 3 of the Small Photo Dies with coordinating cardstock.  I then cut 3 more in white for the centers.   I have a little bin I keep extra dies in so I can pull the white photo frames later but it's an easy way to get the center.



I then stamped my sentiment as well as my hippo on the white.   I colored the hippo with the Copic colors listed above.



I then used some Gold Foil Cardstock to cut the 6 and 5 from the Balloon Numbers Die and adhered to the other photo die.   I added a few strings with my black pen.


Lastly I adhered this to my cardbase (not photographed) and my card is ready to give to my mom for her 65th birthday!



We hope that you are inspired to try out your own creation with the amazing stamps and dies from La-La Land Crafts! 

Make sure to join our LLLC FAN GROUP on Facebook for more ideas, 
inspiration and a general chit chat about our products!

Hoping you all have a great week of Creating

ANGELA

Click on the buttons below to find us on these social media sites:


    



No comments:

Post a Comment